BAUM, HENRY MASON: Protestant Episcopalian; b. at East Schuyler, N. Y., Feb. 24, 1848. He was educated at the Hudson River Institute, Claverack, N. Y., but did not attend a college. He received his theological training at De Lancey Divinity School, Geneva, N. Y., and was ordained to the priesthood in 1870. He was successively rector of St. Peter's Church, East Bloomfield, N. Y. (1870-71), missionary to Allen's Hill, Victor, Lima, and Honeoye Falls, N. Y. (1871- 1872), rector of St. Matthew's Church, Laramie City, Wyo. (1872-73), in charge of St. James's Church, Paulsborough, N. J. (1873-74), rector of St. Matthew's Church, Lambertville, N. J. (1875-76), and rector of Trinity Church, Easton, Pa. (1876-80). From 1880 to 1892 he was editor of The Church Review, and in 1901 founded the Records of the Past, which he edited until 1905. He has taken a keen interest in the preservation of the antiquities of the United States, and was the author of the act passed by the Senate in 1904 for the protection of these archeological remains. In that year he also founded the Institute of Historical Research at Washington, and has since been its president. In theology he is a firm believer in the historical accuracy of the Bible. He has written Rights and Duties of Rectors, Church Wardens, and Vestrymen in the American Church (Philadelphia, 1879) and The Law of the Church in the United States (New York, 1886).