ANDERSON, WILLIAM FRANKLIN: Methodist Episcopalian; b. at Morgantown, W. Va., Apr. 22, 1860. He was educated at the State University of West Virginia, Morgantown, W. Va., Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, O. (B.A., 1884), Drew Theological Seminary (B.D., 1887), and New York University (M.A., 1897). He has held successive pastorates at the Mott Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (1887-89), St. James's Church, Kingston, N. Y. (1890-94), Washington, Square, New York · (1895-98), and Highland Avenue Church, Ossining, N. Y. (1899-1904). He was recording secretary of the Board of Education of the Methodist Episcopal Church from 1898 to 1904, when he was elected corresponding secretary. In 1898 he was made a member of the Board of Managers of the Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church, and was a member of the General Missionary Committee in 1901-02. In theology he is progressively conservative. He is the editor of The Christian Student, and in addition to numerous contributions to religious magazines has written The Compulsion of Love (Cincinnati, 1904).